Your commercial air conditioner has a big job on its hands literally and figuratively. It has to cool a much larger area than a residential system would have to and it has to battle the same high heat effectively. A well-maintained system should be able to do this without much trouble. But even a system that has gotten great care is going to encounter problems at some point in its lifespan.
Big does not mean invincible. When your commercial air conditioner needs some extra help to keep it running we are here to provide. Our team can provide repair for your commercial HVAC in Seabrook Island, SC. Here are some tips to help you determine when you need to call us for service:
- The system is short cycling: Does your system turn off shortly after it starts up? This shortened cooling cycle is known as short cycling. This is a problem within your system that is interrupting your air conditioner’s ability to cool air and causing it to shut down prematurely. Make sure to get repairs for this ASAP because the longer it goes on the worse it will get and it can lead to an earlier replacement.
- You can hear it making a racket: When you turn on your air conditioner it shouldn’t make a huge amount of noise. If you are hearing strange sounds such as rattling, screeching, or clanging it is a good idea to reach out for professional repairs as these are signs of a problem.
- Airflow is getting warmer: Likely the easiest warning sign to remember is that if your air conditioner is producing warm air instead of cool air you need repairs. This is the exact opposite of what the system is supposed to do.
- Airflow is too weak: The airflow from your commercial air conditioner should be strong and steady when the system is running. If you notice that there are vents or air handlers that are barely producing any error it is likely an issue with the ductwork, the fan, or something else. Whatever the root cause make sure to have a professional technician check it out and address it.
- Something smells off: Do you notice when you run your air conditioner you notice a musty There is a chance that you have a clogged condensate drain smell. or another issue that is causing your air conditioner to smell a little off. Make sure to schedule maintenance and repairs to get things cleaned out.
- Energy bills are too high: We know that energy bills for commercial space are already going to be higher than the average home. With that said you know what your energy bills are supposed to look like so you know what it looks like when your energy bills are too high. Don’t ignore high spikes at the end of the month. They may be an indicator of trouble.
You need to keep your business, restaurant, office space, or other types of commercial spaces cool this summer. We are here to help ensure that happens.