It may not feel like it but the season when your heater will be running throughout most of the day is right around the corner. Of course, if your heating system isn’t up to the task of keeping your home warm anymore, wintertime will be a lot less comfortable than you might expect. We know that a heating replacement in Charleston, SC is no small job which is why we want to make sure yours is done right.
The question is, how do you tell that the time has come for a heating system replacement? You really don’t want to be stuck with a heating system that can’t do anything for your home comfort this winter. Be on the lookout for these warning signs.
5 Signs You Need a Heater Replacement
If you need to retire your old heating system, the sooner you get this job done the better it will be for your home comfort and your peace of mind. When you schedule your next heating maintenance appointment, you may want to discuss a replacement service with your technician if you pick up on these warning indicators.
- Your heater is close to or more than 15 years old: Every heater will eventually get too old to keep up with the efficiency and effectiveness of its modern counterparts. On top of that, the older a heater is the more likely it is to suffer larger repairs or a full breakdown. Be prepared for a replacement if your heater is 15 or more years old.
- You’ve needed more than one heater repair in the last couple of years: Heating systems that are well cared for will still need an occasional repair or two. However, this shouldn’t be a yearly occurrence. If you have been encountering heater repairs that are more and more frequent, or that are increasingly expensive despite regular maintenance, it is likely that you need a new system.
- The heating power from your system isn’t where it needs to be: There is always the chance that your heater is working hard to provide you with heat but it isn’t getting into your home. On the other hand, you may have a heater that cannot create heat the way it is supposed to. In either case, you will notice that your heater can’t provide the comfort to your home that it is supposed to.
- Your energy bills in winter are only getting higher: Think back to some of your energy bills from the last couple of winter seasons. Were they about what you expected or has there been a noticeable and ongoing increase whenever you have to switch on your heater? Increasing energy bills are a big indicator of a heater that needs help.
- The system is making far too much noise: When your technician comes by to perform their usual maintenance check, make sure you both are listening to any strange noises that might be indicators of trouble. If you can’t make out one particular noise because your heating system is making a full-blown cacophony.
Contact the team at Holy City Heating and Air, LLC to schedule your replacement service. We provide solutions for every season.
Also Read: Do You Need a Heater Repair Or Replacement?