It is great to have a reliable system for air conditioning in Mount Pleasant, SC. Whether it is a central AC or a ductless one, this system is going to keep you cool on even the hottest of days. The question is, will it be able to do that efficiently? Having an AC that is extremely effective is great as long as it does not create extremely expensive energy bills.
Have you been noticing that your monthly energy dues are a little higher than you might like? We have some tips that will help you keep your energy bills on the more affordable side. If you adopt these best practices and still notice your energy bills are increasing make sure you reach out to us to find the source of the issue.
5 Ways To Boost the Efficiency of Your AC
Here are some best practices that you can put in place to ensure that you get the best effectiveness and efficiency from your air conditioner moving forward.
- Make sure all doors and windows are closed and sealed. It can be great to get some fresh air now and then but it is better to keep the doors and windows closed all day long when you are running the air conditioner. This allows it to more effectively keep the house cool without using extra energy. What’s more when you check on those doors and windows to make sure they are closed, see if you notice any air leaks around them that need to be addressed with weather stripping or caulk. Believe it or not, a small air leak can have a big impact on your comfort and your air conditioner.
- Keep the temperature between 75° and 78°. we know this one may sound less pleasant, but hear us out. The Department of Energy advises keeping your thermostat set between 75 and 78 degrees during the day. This is because within this temperature range you’ll find have a good level of comfort without using up extra energy.
- Use the fans to help you feel cooler. Turning on a room fan or a ceiling fan is not going to cool down the air in the room. it will, however, help you feel cooler because it helps your body evaporate sweat more quickly. When you feel cooler you can reduce your demand on your air conditioner which allows you to use less energy.
- Change the AC filter on a regular basis. Your AC filter is vital to the healthy operation of your system. We advise changing this filter every one to three months to ensure that your air conditioner receives a strong flow of clean air. Allowing an AC filter to get too dirty can have unpleasant results such as higher energy bills and a short cycling system.
- Schedule maintenance regularly and repairs promptly. Getting expert care for your air conditioner is going to be one of the best ways to ensure that it can operate both effectively and efficiently. Yearly maintenance has been proven to reduce efficiency loss by 5% and provide a host of other benefits for your system. What’s more, timely repairs will help to address issues within your system that cause higher energy usage.
Contact Holy City Heating & Air to get the expert help you need to keep your AC running. We provide solutions for every season.