Summertime in Charleston is known for being hot and humid all at once which makes for a very uncomfortable season, to say the least. Some days it can feel near impossible to cool off and get comfortable in your own home, even with the air conditioner running full blast.
We are happy to say though that there are additional ways to boost your home comfort and it isn’t just making sure that your windows are closed. Use these tips to ensure that your air conditioner is getting the extra helping hand that it needs to optimize your comfort no matter how terrible the weather gets.
5 Tips To Help Beat the Heat All Summer
Use some, or all, of these tips to enjoy a cooler, more comfortable summer season at your home this year.
- Keep the sun out of the house: Take note of the parts of your home that get the most sun. For example, does your kitchen see a lot of sun during the morning? While that light may be nice, it also carries a lot of heat, which makes your air conditioner’s job a lot harder. Make sure to close the blinds and pull the curtains in rooms where the sun will hit the most.
- Temper your temperature demands: We know it can be tempting to see how low the temperature setting on your thermostat can go when things get too toasty at home but we urge you not to. Keeping the temperature setting around 75°F is going to be the ideal setting to optimize your comfort and your energy efficiency.
- Check for air leaks: When you are home enjoying the cool air the biggest thing that can ruin that is a warm breeze. If your windows and doors aren’t well-sealed they may be a source of those air leaks that are hindering your comfort. If you address the air leaks with weatherstripping and caulking it can help seal up your home and keep the cold air in and the hot air out.
- Make sure your AC is well-maintained: An AC that has a worn-out blower motor belt or loose bolts or a clogged filter won’t be able to do its job all that well. This can be addressed with a yearly maintenance appointment. This service will keep small issues small and help your AC run optimally and efficiently, which of course helps keep you cool.
- Consider a dehumidifier: High humidity levels are going to hold heat in your home and make it very hard to cool things off. With the help of a whole-house dehumidifier, you can reduce the humidity in your home and make it easier to stay comfortable.
When you need a team to help keep your home cool and comfortable throughout the summertime, you can rely on us. We are Charleston locals so we know exactly what it takes to keep you comfortable. We are your resource for your air conditioning services in Charleston.