Geothermal systems are great options to keep you comfortable no matter what. These systems can use the power of the Earth, yes the Earth itself, to keep you cool in summer and even warm in the winter.
A geothermal system is one that can be added to a home that didn’t have one before but certainly not without the skills of a professional. If you are considering adding a geothermal heating and cooling system to your home you can turn to Holy City Heating & Air for your installation and any other services you may need.
But first, let’s make sure that this is a good fit for your home.
How Do Geothermal Systems Work?
So, how does a geothermal use “the Earth” to do its job? The temperature within the Earth’s crust stays pretty stable throughout the year, between 45 and 55 degrees, making it a good resource for transferring heat.
A geothermal heating and cooling system is going to consist of an underground pipe loop and a heat pump. The loop is filled with water and antifreeze that either carries heat out of your home or transfers it from the Earth’s crust and pumps warmth in. That is why these are also known as ground-source heat pumps.
The Perks of a Geothermal System
As you may have guessed, a geothermal system is going to come with its perks to enjoy including:
- High energy efficiency: Geothermal systems are going to be great for your home energy efficiency. They can use the energy already in the Earth to bring comfort to your home.
- Reliability: Thanks to consistent temperatures in the Earth, you never have to worry about things being too much for your heat pump to handle.
- Affordability: While geothermal systems are more costly to install they are much more affordable to operate over time, which benefits you with additional savings.
- Longer lifespans: Underground loops for geothermal systems are able to last around 50 years and the other components for these systems are estimated to last around 25 years. Altogether, that’s a lot longer of time between replacements!
- Eco-friendly heating and cooling: Geothermal systems are going to be much more friendly to the environment than some other systems, especially those that use gas. If you are trying to find an eco-friendly comfort system, this is a great choice.
Only Have Yours Installed by Professionals
When you want to install a geothermal heating and cooling system, you should only have this service provided by a professional technician. From installing the heat pump air handlers and connecting them to the geothermal system’s underground loop and so on, there is a lot of complicated work involved in adding this system to your home. Only professional technicians have the skills and experience required to get the job done correctly.
From installation to repairs and beyond, the professional team members at Holy City Heating & Air can provide the services you need to optimize your home comfort.
Schedule your geothermal system services with the technicians at Holy City Heating & Air. We provide solutions for every season.