Summer might be wrapping up on the calendar but that doesn’t mean the temperatures around here are going to take a dip anytime soon. With that said, it makes sense to take some time to check up on your air conditioner. Specifically, it is a good idea to make sure that you aren’t about to have a broken-down AC unit on your hands.
There is a chance that, if your AC system is on the older side and has produced its fair share of comfortable temperatures for your home, it may be on its last leg. If so, you will need to schedule an air conditioning replacement in Isle of Palms, SC with a professional as soon as possible. You don’t want to end up struggling to stay comfortable next summer or even in encountering this problem over the next couple of weeks.
5 Signs That It Is Time For Your AC to Retire
There is more than one indicator that your air conditioner needs to be replaced. Keep on the alert for these warning signs so you aren’t stuck with an AC that doesn’t function when you need it most.
- Old age: The age of your air conditioner is going to be a good indicator of whether you need to have it replaced or not. Your AC is meant to last a minimum of 10 years and up to a maximum of 15 years. If your system is edging toward that 15-year mark or has already passed it then you should prepare for a replacement in your near future.
- R-22 refrigerant: Back in January of this year the refrigerant type known as R-22 was phased out of production. By now, anyone who needs a refrigerant recharge and has a system that uses R-22 will have discovered that this is an increasingly expensive, if not impossible, service. If your system still uses R-22, plan for a replacement with a system that uses the new type of refrigerant: R410-A.
- No cooling power: This might have started out as poor airflow or longer spans of time taken to cool down the home but now your AC simply can’t cool your home. If you have a cooling system that isn’t cooling anything anymore, your money is better spent on a replacement unit.
- Frequent repairs: Repairs for your air conditioner should only pop up every few years and they shouldn’t be too pricey when they do. If instead, you are encountering repairs that are egregiously expensive or that are popping up almost yearly, it means that you need to replace your system before it fully breaks down.
- A compressor malfunction: Your compressor is vital to your air conditioner’s ability to cool your home. If the compressor in your AC unit isn’t working anymore and your AC is no longer under warranty, it means you need to replace your system.
When you need an air conditioner replacement, you can rely on our team to get the job done right.
We provide solutions for every season. Contact Holy City Heating & Air to schedule your replacement.